2011年6月12日 星期日

Writing task 3

Outline
Title: A Reflection of Commencement Speech by Steve Jobs
Introduction
I.           Hook: This is the most touching commencement address I’ve ever heard.
    Background: It was given by Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple Computer and of Pixar Animation Studios, on June 12, 2005 at Stanford University. Steve recounts his personal stories about connecting the dots, love and loss, and death to advocate and encourage the graduates to follow your heart and do what you love.
II.        Thesis statement: There are some key points I want to share-finding your interest, catching up time as possible as you can, and accepting the unexpected life challenges positively.
Body Paragraph 1
I.           Topic sentence: Finding out what you are truly interested in is essential.
II.        Supporting details:
                    i.                Uneasy thing to find out what we enjoy it
                  ii.                Trying and taking part in different activities
                iii.                Keeping looking instead of settling

Body Paragraph 2
I.           Topic sentence: Time is so limited that we need to catch it up as possible as we can.
II.        Supporting details:
                    i.                Changeable life
                  ii.                Nothing left in the past doing meaningful things and creating the own value
                iii.                Noise of other people’s opinion ignoring the inner voicefollow the heart and intuition
Body Paragraph 3
I.           Topic sentence: I hope I can have positive attitude to accept unexpected life challenges.
II.        Supporting details:
                    i.                Facing some obstacles or changesclouded by worries and fears
                  ii.                Good, hopeful and confident belief
Conclusion
A Reflection of Commencement Speech by Steve Jobs

This is the most touching commencement address I’ve ever heard. It was given by Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple Computer and of Pixar Animation Studios, on June 12, 2005 at Stanford University. Steve recounts his personal stories about connecting the dots, love and loss, and death to advocate and encourage the graduates to follow your heart and do what you love. There are some key points I want to share-finding your interest, catching up time as possible as you can, and accepting the unexpected life challenges positively.

First of all, finding out what you are truly interested in is essential. Just like Steve says “You’ve got to find what you love. And that is as true for your work as it is for your lovers.” That means you need to have passions in the work even in the life as well. However, it’s uneasy thing for us to find what we really enjoy it. For example, I still have no idea what I want to do with my life; I am confused about whether going to college could help me figure out something or not. Nevertheless, I still have to keep looking forward. By trying and taking part in different activities such as planning contests, student camp, or volunteer services, these experience help me to know which things are what I am good at and love to do. This is an ongoing process, and just keeps the trust in mind that we will get better and better as time goes by. Thus, don’t settle, and keep looking until we find it.

In addition, time is so limited that we need to catch it up as possible as we can. Also, life is changeable, and we don’t know when we will leave the world. According to Steve’s speech, he mentions” Right now the new is you, but someday not too long from now, you will gradually become the old and be cleared away. Sorry to be so dramatic, but it is quite true.” It makes me recall what I have done in the past; it seems that nothing left but just fragments. Apparently, it’s time to begin to do more meaningful things and create the own value for myself. However, there are some noises of other people’s opinion that make us waste time to live in their thinking and ignore the inner voice in mind. Consequently, don’t trap in that people’s thinking. Time is pretty precious; all we could do is follow the heart and intuition to take pleasure in it.

Last but not least, I hope I can have positive attitude to accept unexpected life challenges. When facing some obstacles or changes, my old thinking has been clouded by worries and fears, so it makes me build up a wall against the changes. I don’t take notice that “Change happens all the time”. I used to think more about that it would get worse rather than get better. In fact, change just relies on what you think; it might harm you or help you embrace the situation. And just like Steve says “Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don't lose faith.” As long as we have a good, hopeful and confident belief, nothing can destroy our mind. As a result, whenever confronting difficult situations, just keep three steps in mind-first having  open-minded attitude to accept, then using wisdom to deal with, and finally adapting yourself in that environment in time.

Steve’s wonderful speech gives us the inspiration and encouragement. His words brings a power that triggers me to find out the interest, catch up time as possible as I can, and accept the unexpected life challenges positively. Just listens to your heart and follow it, chose the life way you want, and that’s worth it!

沒有留言:

張貼留言